Interested about our family association?
Three ways to pay for your subscription :
- The easiest : use the online payment service at the bottom of this page. Securely, with Visa, MasterCard or a PayPal account OR
- In you prefer, use a membership form for new members in PDF (or Ms-Word). Print it, complete it and mail it with your check (payable to Association des familles Michaud Inc.). See the address on the form. OR
- Make an Interac transfer using the email
Tell us about your origins (optional)
If you wish (it is not "mandatory" to become a member), you can provide us with the genealogical data that you know of your family. This will be very useful for us to update our genealogical database. To do this, print this form in PDF (or in Ms-Word), manually complete the information you have, and send it to the address indicated on the form.
ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE
Note: If you have been a member and want to renew, rather use the renewal form.
If you live outside of Canada, instead use this button :
Duration of validity of contributions:
- Membership dues are always valid until “March 31”, the association having a fiscal year beginning on April 1 and ending on March 31 of the following year.
- This means that the duration of your subscription varies according to your date of entry as a new member.
Duration of validity for a subscription of approximately 1 year:
- If you become a member between October 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024 (i.e. in the second half of our 2022-23 annual fiscal year), your membership will actually last longer than a year as it will expire on March 31, 2025.
- Following the same logic, if you become a new member between April 1, 2024 and September 30, 2024, your subscription will actually last 12 months or less and expire on March 31, 2025.
The same equity between members is also valid for subscriptions of approximately 3 years:
- If you become a member between October 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024, your membership will expire on March 31, 2027.
- Likewise, if you become a member between April 1, 2024 and September 30, 2024, your membership will expire on March 31, 2027.
Limited time offer: Receive a birthday calendar valued at $ 20 with a 3-year membership fee.
Benefits of being a member in good standing :
- Subscription to the magazine Le Brelan (about 24 pages published twice a year - some articles in English).
- Subscription to the magazine Des nouvelles de chez nous (about 15 pages, only in French) published every month by the Federation of Quebec Family Associations (FAFQ). This magazine is only sent to you by email.
- Access to the secure section of the website where a large number of previous editions of the magazine Le Brelan are available (see page of Brelan).
- Free access to the impressive genealogical database of the Michaud Association (see Genealogy page).
- Ability to add your genealogical data to the genealogical database of the association (see the form).
- Invitation to send us your texts for the Brelan concerning your Michaud family or those of your ancestors (the magazine is kept in the national archives - Québec and Canada).
- Postage on publications and articles is free (for Canadien members only contributing to a one or three year subscription (see page Publications et articles).
- Your concrete contribution to the goals of our non-profit association (all volunteers) and the maintenance of its existence.
Our goals :
- Group people related to Michaud who want to know more about their origins and their history
- To interest all the descendants of Pierre Micheau in America (Canada and United States). The association makes a special effort for its English-speaking friends by publishing articles in English in the Brelan. Website is bilingual.
- Facilitate the reunion of all descendants of Pierre Michaud.
- To make known and appreciate the origin, the history, the heritage and the current involvement in their community of people bearing the name Michaud (Micheau, Michaut, Mishou, etc.)
- To awaken a sense of pride to bear this name and to count among the descendants of Pierre Micheau.
- Leave our descendants a historic pride.
- Ensure a link with the Michaud organization in France.
- Encourage collaboration and involvement of members to promote recruitment, historical and genealogical research, information dessemination and report of any kind.
- Organize gatherings or meetings to promote of the history and genealogy of Michaud families.
- Regularly distribute to its members a magazine Le Brelan, dealing with topics of historical, genealogical and interest affecting families Michaud and allowing the communication of information between members in France and those of America.
- Encourage the collection of all documents likely to add to the history of Pierre Micheau's descendants.
- Perform the genealogical and historical research of Michaud of America.
- Establish a website for members and non-members to learn more about AFMI.
Note : If you have already been a member and want to renew, use the renewal form instead.