Add your family
The Michaud genealogical database, compiled by the association for nearly 30 years, is a colossal work that continues regularly. We hope that your relatives ascendants and descendants appear there so that they too appear among the descendants of our ancestor Pierre Micheau (1637-1702).
Here are the instructions for updating the bank with your genealogical information.
- Search the genealogical database online.
- Locate information on your close ancestry or descendants.
- Examine the situation. Is the bank information complete (probably not yet...)? Should some be corrected?
- Use the genealogical information form, and send it by mail or email to the address indicated on the form.
- To make sure that your name and that of your family appear, please first query the database and indicate on the form the couple already present in the database, and from which you are descended (grandparents, or great-grandparents ).
- If neither your parents, nor your grandparents or your great-grandparents are in our database, you can still complete the form. We will try to establish parentage for you.
- To avoid unnecessary work for the official genealogist of the association, enter only new information (that which is not already in the online bank) or only hat to be corrected.
- If the form is not sufficient, use a second page. If you need or have questions, you can communicate directly with our genealogist by email
- Make sure your data is complete and correct.
- The changes you send us will appear in the next update of the online banking (free access for members) and the USB key on sale. We aim for semi-annual updates, in the fall and spring of each year.
Please note that the AFMI reserves the right to decide whether or not to publish any information which it considers inaccurate or contradictory with the results of the research of our official genealogist, member of the board of directors, or which cannot be linked to an ancestor present in the database.
Please make sure that the people you love or loved can leave a mark in the Michaud history.